FI Black 3D Blue

FAQ  •  Rechercher  •  Liste des Membres  •  Groupes d'utilisateurs    ChatChat   •  S'enregistrer  •  Profil  •  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés  •  Connexion

PARA EL FORO ESPANOL HAZ CLICK EN ESTE LINK
 IAN' interview for my forum!!!!!!!!!!!!! Voir le sujet suivant
Voir le sujet précédent
Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.
Auteur Message
admin_eva
Site Admin

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 12, 2006 4:09 pm Répondre en citantRevenir en haut de page

Ok, in first, thanks for all the good music..............

i'am eva "la peste" webmistress of the "europe.the.band.forum"

you can see that here, lol

http://europe.the.band.free.fr

Let's go for the questions then,

First, how are you today?

Excited, can?t wait to get out on tour!

Let's start with some general information:

Job:

Drummer / Radio DJ.

Passion:

Music, my wife Marita and my kids Simon, Jannie & Linna.

Hobbies:

My life is like a hobbie!

Favourite sport?

I?m not really into any sport exept muff diving.

- Ian, it's more than 20 years that you're playing music now, what would you say to someone, coming to you in 1985 and telling you you'll be as famous as you are nowadays? Did you think that you'll make it that big?

I would say... You must be joking!!! In 1985 i did?nt really expect anything.

- If this would not be the case, what other job (except working on radio) would you like to do?

I would like to be a carpenter.

- Why did you choose drums more than any other instrument?

I have always been facinated by drums for some reason... the power, the big sound, the physical aspect aswell.

- What is your best tour memory?

I can?t really say... all tours are just filled with great memories.

- Until what age you would like to fool around on the stage and having fun playing drums? When you guess you'll retire? At legal age or later? Lol!

retirment = death.

- What is your feeling at the moment of getting on the stage? Hearing all those crazy guys out there shouting?

It?s better than i love my mummy... well almoast anyway! It?s a totally surealistic feeling... a mix of being horny, mad, high and scared all at the same time.

- What is your first though when you sit behind the drums?

Hello my babys... behave or i hit the shit out of you!

- The song you would like to perform because it sounds interesting for you from a technical point of view?

"La Villa Strangiato" by Rush from their album Hemispheres 1978.

- What's your favourite label of drums? (Yamaha? Lol!)

I love vintage drums like old Slingerland, Ludwig & Gretch because their "personalitys"

But i prefer Yamaha drums becaus they sound great in any kind of music and style and they are the most reliable drums i ever played

- Why?

- Dream drums set-up?

I think i have my dream setup at the moment... Absolute Birch Custom 2 x 24" Kick drums 12,13,14,15,16" Toms and a 14" Aluminum snare drum... Kix my ass!!!

- Ok, this one's for fun.. Does ever happen to you, that your drum set was built up for a right-hand drummer when you had to start to perform? Lol!!

It happend once during some playback shows we did in the 80?s... but i did?nt give a shit, since it was... playback!

- One thing on a drum solo.. for sure, playing with the public as you did during your very first come-back tour was really fun & original (hope you'll keep this part in the future), but what about seeing you performing a true drum solo such as in the past?

If i come up with some interesting ideas i will do a drum solo.

- Related to this, can we hope one day see something crazy, like just you playing drums and Joey singing? That would be quite fun and impressive I think!

Who knows...

- Ok, another stuff I would like to know, is if in the future we can hope some Europe song composed by you? Many of drummers did compose at least one of the songs of the group they were into, well.. with more or less success, but, as far as I know, all rock drummers did succeeded really well. Could we hope, that one day, it will be your turn too?

I?m not much of a songwriter. Have´nt you heard the joke... what was the last thing the drummer said before he was thrown out of the band??? Listen guys i just wrote a song!

- What colour are your sockets today? (oups, sorry,lol)

No socks... Dirty feet!

-If you have any.. great.. so you can really wear some then! If not.. does it happen to you to wear some? Lol!

I get clustrophobia.

- Why do you play without shoes & sockets? I was told you do this, in order to have more sensibility.. Is this the reason?

True!

- If so, I have to say, that I quite agree with this statement, since I do not play with shoes either, I just wonder..did you always plays without shoes or is it something that becomes obvious with an experience?

I used to play with boxingshoes in the 80?s but stoped in the 90?s because i was curious what it would feel like.

- Lots of guitarists tamper their guitar in order to have the "unique" sound. Have you ever done such a thing with your drums?

Not really no... the same drums i play would sound totally different if... let say Ian Paice would play it. It?s all in the hands.

- Do you prefer to perform in big or small venues?

Both have their pros and cons. Clubs are fantastic because you get the feeling that your one in the crowd. bigger venues are great because the energy from 5 - 10 thousand people are "Out Of This World"

- How do you perceive the fans now days? I mean, for sure, at the beginning it have to be real fun having people yelling of happiness around you.. does your point of view for them changed during the years?

I love our fans... If it would?nt be for them we would?nt be here today!

- How did you get along with the success in general? What are the inconveniences of celebrity in your opinion?

I don?t have any problems what so ever with celebrity...

- Wasnt it too hard to restart working after 6 years split? I know, that you had some side projects, but, just wonder, if it was not too hard to get work again with "spirit of the past"?

It took about 5 minutes of rehersing to get back to the vibe of 86?... so it went very smooth.

- Just wonder, if you're aware that some fans did started to play drums, because of you?

Yes... It?s really fantastic that i can inspire people to do that.

- What would be your advice on how to improve the way of playing the drums being left handed?

Take some lessons from a drum teacher to learn the basics... Then start practising by playing along to your favourite music. That?s the way i did it.

- What kind of exercise would you advise to someone who would like to start playing? Like, I found the hardest thing is to dissociate both legs + both arms.. so I just wander, whether you do not have a little trick people can do while stucked in a traffic jam?

Bring a pair of stix in the car and play on the wheel.

- Related to this.. which songs/group (except Beatles, please!! Too easy!!) would you advise a beginner to start with?

Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Ramones, UFO... These are the bands i played along to when i first started off

- Do you give any particular lessons? Lol!!

I?ve done that some time ago... but i?m no good teacher. I?m not very pedagogic.

- What kind of music do you listen to today? I've heard you like techno? TFC in techno version, was it your idea?

I don?t listen to tecno, but i love Depech mode, Ultravox & Kraftwerk. I still prefer listening to bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa... No... TechnoTFC was NOT my idea!

- How do you feel about playing hard rock than? Lol!!

That?s the jar i keep my cookies!

- Is there any new rock group that sounds interesting to you?

Yes... Mars Volta, Audioslave, Coheed & Cambria

- Can you describe one typical day of Mr Ian Haugland? (on and out of tour..)

On tour... I get up at 5 in the afternoon and to bed at 7 in the morning. Off tour... i get up at 5 in the morning and go to bed at 7 in the afternoon.

- Ok, some questions ?bout the new album, when did the very first song was written?

I belive it was during the SFTD tour.

- Why secret society?

It was Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin that said to Joey "we got to stick together... like a secret society" when Joey told him about us still touring around the world.

- Why the first single is Always the Pretenders? Because of music/lyrics/overall of the song?

It was actually the recordcompany that came up with that idea.

- Do you plan to come and play in Barcelona, Geneva and Belgium during next tour?

U bet!

Hope so, cause would really like to see you there, guys..........

and never forget..........rock on!!!!!!!!!

kisses from all the fans of the "europe forum by la peste"

p.s give a kisse to the john'tatto for me........(sorry, i joke again,lol)
- heu........,lol ok...........
and a kiss to monica dudda maybe???......... (sorry,oups)
-yes,yes!!!
bye ian, and thx for all!!

this interview was made by mel and eva.la.peste

melanie
Site Admin

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 13, 2006 12:44 pm Répondre en citantRevenir en haut de page

Gosh!!! He really did answered all this stuff Shocked WOW!!!!! Thanx a lot Ian for being honest in the answers and for getting into the "funny-like" atmosphere of this interview!!! You're great man!

Eva.. can't realize.. yes!! we've made it!!! Laughing Laughing
Cu
Mel
PS: Do not have much time right now, so I'll come back later to add some more detail comments.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateurEnvoyer un message privéEnvoyer un e-mail
luis

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 31, 2006 4:18 pm Répondre en citantRevenir en haut de page

thanks for this interview girls, this is fantastic,thanks for being the fans voice with the band.rock on

Site Admin

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 01, 2006 8:19 am Répondre en citantRevenir en haut de page

And thanx for your help Luis Wink
Cu
Mel
luis

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 01, 2006 12:45 pm Répondre en citantRevenir en haut de page

thanks to u mel ,dont thank me pliz, makes me shy,jejejejeje, its nice to know new things about the greatest band in the world. its been more than 20 years of my life following this guys so they are a part of me, so. thanks a lot to u and eva.thanks again Razz

Site Admin

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 01, 2006 1:51 pm Répondre en citantRevenir en haut de page

Ok.. now its my turn than.. don't thank us.. pliz.. it makes us shy! Laughing Laughing
wow.. 20 years! it's a quite long time!! for me its only 10 years or so Wink lucky you for being with them since beginning Wink
I don't know if you have seen, there'll be another interview with Mic, so, if you have any question to ask, just post it into the topic http://europe.the.band.free.fr/viewtopic.php?t=253
Cu
Mel
luis

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 01, 2006 3:07 pm Répondre en citantRevenir en haut de page

thanks mel , yeah i was 15 in 1986 so ive been there since that time and so much things to tell about me and the whole thing about liking europe here. it was difficult then,jejeje, but doesnt matter cos i sitll love this band. 20 years of my life, but so nice years. i asked some questions, obvious questions to mic on the other place.thanks mel.
cu
luis

Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.

Sauter vers:   

Voir le sujet suivant
Voir le sujet précédent